Welcome to the Library
My name is Ms. Lechuga.
In 1994, I graduated from UTEP with a Bachelors in Education specializing in Bilingual Education. I taught bilingual 3rd and 4th grade for 8 years. In 2001, I graduated from UT Austin with a Masters in Library Science. In 2001, I was hired as the librarian here at Beall Elementary. I have been with EPISD for 15 years. I am very happy to be a part of this beautiful school.
My goals are:
1. To update the collection in every area
2. Weed all the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s books except
for the classics and hard to get books
3. Purchase exciting books to meet the needs of all students
4. Purchase books that meet the curriculum guidelines
5. Teach Internet safety classes
6. Teach a lesson on cyber-bullying
7. Teach library skills lessons to include copyright lessons
The rules of the library are:
1. No running or loud voices
2. Be respectful of others and library property
3. No eating in the library
4. Take care of all library materials once materials are checked out
I am very happy to announce that our student computers got upgraded and now have Microsoft word installed so that students can learn how to use this software to do classwork and homework assignments or science fair posters.
The library hosts various reading activities to promote reading. In the Fall, we have guest readers that come and read to the students. In the Spring we celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday by inviting guest readers to come and talk about the importance of reading. The students really enjoy the guest readers.
The library hours are 8:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.